"INTO THE WEEDS" - THE LITTLE THINGS THAT CAN MAKE OR BREAK YOUR CONSTRUCTION PROJECT, presented by Susan McGreevy, Stinson Leonard Street LLP
This webinar will talk about items beyond price, scope and schedule that can trip up a public construction project. Included will be:
- Testing and inspecting engineers – what can you really rely on, and how to use them effectively
- When are you required by law to have surety bonds, and when might you want them even if not required? Does it make a difference what bond form you use?
- Partial occupancy – how does taking over part of a project affect all remaining obligations, and what can you do to keep your protections?
- The municipality's obligations on Prevailing wages – how far do you have to go to comply with the current law?
- Insurance – what proof do you need? Is a Certificate of Insurance enough?
- Incorporating Missouri workforce safety training requirements (§292.675 R S Mo)
- Incorporating Missouri worker eligibility requirements (§285.530.5 R S Mo)
Will qualify for 1 hour of Public Works Contracting credit for the Municipal Governance Institute (*MGI).
NOTE: To receive your MGI credit, once you complete the webinar, please email email@example.com. It will then be applied.